VWAA fall baseball
Registration for the Vicksburg Warren Athletic Association’s fall youth baseball league is open until Sept. 30.
The league is for children ages 3-13, and the registration fee is $50. The VWAA will also offer a Miracle League for children with disabilities, which is free to play in.
For more information or to register, visit vwaabaseball.org or email email@example.com.
Red Carpet Golf
The 4th annual Red Carpet Bowl Invitational Golf Tournament is scheduled for Oct. 10 and 11 at Vicksburg Country Club.
The tournament will follow a 3-man scramble/shamble format, and the entry fee is $450 per team. Play begins at noon each day. There are cash prizes of $1,000, $600 and $400 for the top three teams, based on a full field, as well as prizes for the longest drive and closest to the hole each day, and a Saturday night Calcutta.
To register, call VCC golf pro Kent Smith at 601-636-8581, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Auxiliary Golf
The Junior Auxiliary of Vicksburg will hold its Birdies and Boos for the Kids Golf Tournament on Oct. 23 at Clear Creek Golf Course in Bovina. The four-person scramble has a registration fee of $400 per team, which includes a mulligan, T-shirt, lunch and dinner, and a gift bag.
For more information or to register, visit javicksburg.org/birdies_and_boos.html or email Mary Margaret Edney at MMargaretEdney@gmail.com
Hinds baseball camp
Hinds Community College’s baseball program will host its 2020 Fall Showcase on Sunday, Oct. 25 at noon, at Joe G. Moss Field on the Raymond campus. The showcase is open to players in grades 9-12, who are looking to display their talents in front of the Hinds baseball coaching staff as well as coaches from other junior colleges, universities, and scouts.
Check-in/registration will begin at 11:15 a.m. To speed up the registration process, it is recommended that participants pre-register online at sports.hindscc.edu
The cost of the showcase is $100 per player. Payment will not be accepted until the day of the showcase, and will be by cash or check only. All players must also bring with them proof of a current physical performed between Oct. 25, 2019, and Oct. 24, 2020; and their own cleats, pants and other baseball equipment.
For more information, email Hinds assistant coach Andrew Gunn at Andrew.Gunn@hindscc.edu
Waterfowl hunting changes
In an effort to promote a safe environment due to COVID-19, the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks has altered its waterfowl draw hunts on Wildlife Management Areas for the 2020-21 hunting season.
The changes for this season include:
• Hunters must be drawn to participate in WMA waterfowl draw hunts.
• All waterfowl draw hunt applications (five draw periods per WMA) will be open concurrently from Oct. 1 to Oct. 15, and all drawings and notifications will be completed by Nov. 1.
• There will be no “stand-by” opportunity for non-drawn hunters to show up the day of a hunt for a chance to fill a vacant spot.
• Drawn hunters will have 48 hours to confirm their reservation online before it is returned for a second drawing.
• Applicants who are not initially drawn will be entered into the second drawing to fill any unconfirmed hunting positions.
• Hunting units will be assigned when draw winners are notified.
• Drawn hunters and their guests will be allowed to access their designated hunting unit beginning at 5 a.m. the morning of their hunt.
Applications for WMA draw hunts can be found online at https://xnet2.mdwfp.com/drawings/public/WmaDrawingsV3.aspx.
The Vicksburg Post welcomes your items for the Game Plan. Submit items by email to email@example.com for publication Wednesday or Sunday. Please include your name and phone number.
By Alcorn Sports Information LORMAN — A joyous occasion took place Tuesday evening at Jack Spinks-Marino Casem Stadium when Alcorn... read more